1. This policy applies to all Rogers Phone Finder services, including all associated applications. At Rogers, the security and integrity of our customers' personal information is important to us. We take every reasonable measure necessary to protect the privacy of our customers while providing the highest level of service.
2. Rogers' privacy practices are in accordance with all federal and provincial laws and regulations. We are compliant with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and, where applicable, the privacy rules established by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC).
3. Rogers has in place privacy and security practices to safeguard our customers’ personal information. Rogers' employees receive privacy training and must comply with Rogers' privacy practices as a condition of employment.
4. Furthermore, Rogers has extensive security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse and interception of information by third parties. Rogers assumes no liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the internet in the course of using Rogers Phone Finder.
5. Personal information collected by Rogers is information about an identifiable individual that may include such information as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, financial information, birth date and any recorded complaints.
6. At Rogers, we collect customer information for one or more of the following purposes:
o To provide a positive customer experience, and deliver, bill for, and collect payment for products and services;
o To understand customer requirements and make information available regarding products and services offered by Rogers and its agents, dealers and related companies;
o To manage and develop Rogers business and operations;
o To meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
o To obtain credit information or provide it to others.
7. Rogers uses IP addresses and cookies to gather broad, aggregated demographic information and for the other purposes set out below:
o We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site.
8. Rogers Phone Finder uses location based information upon request to provide an approximate location for your mobile phone. Upon registering, an SMS message will be sent to your mobile phone to confirm registration.
10. Rogers informs customers of the existence, use and disclosure of their personal information upon request and gives them access to their information.
11. Rogers ensures that customer information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Customers can challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and request amendments as appropriate.
12. Rogers shares information with other Rogers companies or their agents and authorized dealers in order to offer customers products and services that they may find attractive. Notices on sharing information are contained in each company's application forms, invoices and web sites. Customers wishing to change their marketing preferences can do so through their My Rogers account.
14. A senior company officer has been appointed as the Privacy Officer at Rogers. The Privacy Officer is accountable for all personal information at Rogers. You may contact the Privacy Officer at:
By Mail: Chief Privacy Officer
Rogers Communications Inc.
333 Bloor Street East
Toronto, ON M4W 1G9
By E-mail: email@example.com
15. Customers that wish to:
o obtain more information about Rogers Commitment to Privacy;
o access, or obtain more information about, their personal information held by Rogers; or
o make a privacy-related complaint;
may contact a Rogers customer service representative who, if necessary, will refer the customer to the Rogers Privacy Officer.
16. The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees Rogers' personal information handling practices. If your privacy concerns are not addressed to your satisfaction by Rogers you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for further guidance:
How to Contact Rogers
You can contact a Rogers' customer service representative at 1-888-899-1188, or by dialing *6-1-1 on your Rogers mobile device. You can also visit www.rogers.com, and click on ‘Contact Us’ for more options.